With Thanksgiving in the rearview mirror, and the Busy December holidays fast approaching, many people are looking to improve the appearance of their home. To increase the sight for the incoming guests for the parties, get-togethers and holiday events, it is common for folks to invest in professional carpet cleaning. Once you have gotten the deep clean from Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning, they are fresh, clean, and vibrant, and you will likely want them to stay that way, at least through the fan-fair. We at Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning would like to take the opportunity to offer some tips on how you can preserve the freshness and cleanliness of your carpets.
1) Fireplace cleaning. If not efficiently cleaned and maintained, wood-burning fire places can be extremely messy. Caught in the airflow, or by curious little fingers, the ash, soot, and embers will easily streak carpets. After every use, be sure t give your fireplace a cleaning.
2) Enforce no shoes on inside. Keeping the shoes off can especially help the cause. Following a carpet cleaning, implement the “no shoes” policy on their carpets indoors, at leas on the carpets. Impose a Christmas Sock theme to your next event for any hosted activities at your home to help your visitors feel more comfortable kicking off their shoes.
3) Serve light colored drinks. It is very common to have beverage available at any event you hold. Being that holiday merriment is offered in a variety of options, consider switching the drinks from hot chocolates, red wines, and dark soft drinks to the white or clear champagnes, wines, and other alcohol choices, as well as sparkling ciders. Should a spill occur, the lighter colored drinks are a lot easier to remove than they dark colored drinks.
4) Set boundaries for a designated kid’s activity center. In honor of the holiday festivities, give the kids something they can to do to help subdue their excitement and keep them occupied with busy, but fun projects. You can keep their fingers busy and boost their creative thinking by giving an outlet to get some fun crafts done. Ensure they know the boundaries of do their artsy crafting, gingerbread houses, sugar cookie decorating, and other such crafts, on the designated area, preferably tile or linoleum so any spills are easily wiped up promptly.
5) Clean or invest in new welcome mats. Be sure to invest in a walk-off mat if you do not already own one and if you do and if it hasn’t been cleaned in the last few weeks, be sure to have it cleaned. These mats are designed to contain soils, moisture, and debris from coming inside your home and getting tracked on the carpet.
6) Manage the pets. Seeing clumps of pet fur/hair is not very attractive, especially when it covers the carpets and sticks o your guests. To avoid the eye-sore clumps, be sure your pet is groomed where they can ensure they are properly shampooed, cut, and nail trim to minimize the pests.
Whether you need the carpets cleaned now in time for the December holidays, or prefer to wait until they are over, call Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning and let our specialists get your carpets cleaned and refreshed.