The warm glow from a candle can’t be produced any other way. Whether you are looking for a romantic, warm lighting option, or using a candle to bring a sweet aroma into your home, sometimes accidents happen. When wax spills on your carpet, it can be hard to remove. Some waxes have dyes in them as well that you wouldn’t want to transfer to the fibers of your carpeting. AmeriBest Carpet Cleaning is here to share some helpful tips with our customers to help you remove spilt wax from the fibers of your carpet.
To properly remove wax from your carpet, you need to have the right supplies to assist you in the job. Here are a few things you will need:
-Waterproof Ziploc Bag
-Clean, White Cloth
-Towels for Cleaning
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully and completely remove wax from your carpet.
1. The first thing to remember is timing is everything. The faster you work to remove the wax, the more successful you will be. Work to remove it as soon as you can.
2. Fill your waterproof bag with the ice. You will be working to harden the ice so it is easier to remove the bulk of it from the carpet. Make sure your bag has no leaks because water mixing with candle wax makes the problem worse and harder to remove.
3. Now that the wax is hardened, use your dull knife to scrape and remove the wax from your carpet.
4. You will now place your clean white cloth and cover the stain with it. Make sure the entire area is covered. You will now plug your iron in and set it on the lowest heat setting.
5. Using the iron, gently move it over the area slowly. As it heats up, the wax will melt and transfer to the white cloth. If all of the wax isn’t transferred the first time, repeat the process. You need to use a clean cloth each time you repeat this step.
6. After repeating this process as many times as needed, you may find that you still have a few bits of wax left on the carpet. You can use the other clean towels to work to remove the wax from the carpet. If a damp cloth doesn’t remove it well enough, you can use a gentle carpet cleaning solution to help you get the rest from your carpet fibers.
Anytime there are spills and stains on your carpet, it may take a lot of work to remove them. Some of them aren’t easily removed and you find that you need the help of a professional carpet cleaning company like AmeriBest Carpet Cleaning to remove it completely. With our knowledge and equipment, there isn’t a stain we can’t remove from your carpet. Call us today for more information on our carpet cleaning services.