The holidays are nearly over but that doesn’t mean things have slowed down. A lot of folks opt to get their carpets cleaned from a professional to prepare their home for the incoming guests for the parties, get-togethers; and the holidays itself. To protect the carpets from holiday preparations and festivities, Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning would like to share some tips and suggestions on how you can better preserve the cleanliness of your carpets.
1) Keep kid’s activity center away from carpet. Kids need to be kept busy with projects to contain the excitement and give them something to do in honor of the holiday festivities. Allowing them to have the outlet lets the have their creative min and fingers hard at work. Avoid letting them do the artsy crafts, sugar cookie decorating, gingerbread houses, and other crafts in a designated area on tile or linoleum for easy cleanup; be sure to wipe up spills immediately.
2) New or clean welcome entry mats. If you do not have a walk-off mat be sure to invest in one. Containing the moisture, soils, and debris is essential and preventing the stains on the carpets. You can get a holiday themed mat to blend in with the décor or get when for all year use. If you do have one currently, be sure to clean off the filth periodically to avoid the mound from being tracked in.
3) Clean the fireplace. Wood-burning fire places are fairly messy if not properly cleaned and maintained. The ash, soot, and embers can get caught in the air or by curious hands, only to potentially stain the carpets. Be sure to remove the remnants from the fireplace after every use.
4) No shoes on carpets. Not everyone already enforces the “no shoes” policy on their carpets, but right after a cleaning, especially for holiday events, keeping the shoes off can help especially. To help ensure people remove their shoes and to make the guests feel comfortable without their shoes on, impose a Christmas Sock theme to your next event.
5) Avoid serving red wines. Many get-togethers, parties, and holiday dinners are certain to have beverages served. Since holiday merriment comes in a variety of forms, consider switching the drinks from red wines, hot chocolates, and dark soft drinks to the white or clear champagnes, wines, alcohol, and sparkling ciders. If they should spill on the carpet, they are easier to remove.
6) Groom pets. Though pet hair/fur doesn’t contribute to carpet stains, it can still lead to an eye-sore as the clumps bunch on the carpets, upholstery and even your guest’s clothing. To avoid the filthy deposits, get your pets pampered; take them to the groomers and get them shampooed, cut, and nail trim to minimize the pests.
If you still need your carpets cleaned, or prefer to wait until the activities settle after the season, call in the experts of Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning today and let our specialists get your carpets cleaned, sanitized, and deodorized.