When it comes to high quality carpets, many people are motivated to ensure they are well taken care of. They immediately tend to any kind substance spills, they ensure the carpets are routinely vacuumed, and vacuumed well, in addition to annual professional cleaning. Some homeowners will go the extra mile and be sure the carpets are regular treated to resist staining and other harm. There are few, however, that realize they need to take the extra time to maintain their vacuum. Keeping your high quality vacuum, preferably with a HEPA filter, is essential to making sure the carpets are efficiently vacuumed. With this in mind, we at Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning would like to share the steps on how to clean a bagless vacuum.
To work properly, the bagless vacuum requires ample airflow. As a result, it is vital that you keep the canisters and filters clean on a routine basis. You will need to make sure your vacuum’s canister is emptied whenever it’s halfway full in terms of maintenance. Make certain that once a month or so you regularly clean your vacuum. Below you will find the basic steps, but if ever in doubt, be sure to read your vacuum cleaner’s manual.
Equipment you will need:
- Scrubbing brush
- Microfiber cloths
- Dishwashing liquid
1) Make certain the vacuum is not plugged in and remove the canister.
2) Empty the canister and use a dry microfiber cloth to clean the inside out, ensuring all the dust residue is cleared off.
3) With warm soapy water, wash the canister, ensure all the suds are rinsed away, and set it out to start air drying. Never reattach the canister wet, if after you have finished and the canister is still, wet, be sure to take a clean, dry cloth to remove any lingering moisture.
4) The filter will need to be cleaned or replaced. Read your manual and find out if the filter is washable, or if it needs to be replaced.
5) If the filter is washable, remove and tap it on a hard surface to knock off the excess dust. Doing this over the trash can saves you from having another mess to clean.
6) Using warm water under the tap, rinse the filter thoroughly until the water runs clear. Unless otherwise specified in the manufacturer’s directions in the manual, do not use any soap or cleaners.
7) Allow the air filter to air dry, usually requires it to be left out over not, do not replace until it is fully dry.
8) You will need to remove the base plate to get to the beater bar. Use the scissors to cut away any hair, threads, and strings, taking caution as to not damage any of the bristles on the bar. Use the brush to remove the wound-up debris after it is cut loose.
9) Once the beater bar is free from debris, use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the dust.
10) Be sure to wipe the base plate with your microfiber cloth as well. Also, wipe down the exterior of the vacuum cleaner.
We hope this helps keep your vacuum operating at its full potential. When you are due for a deep carpet cleaning, be sure to call Ameri-Best Carpet Cleaning and let our specialists clean, sanitize, and deodorize your carpets. Contact us today!